Association of Manitoba Museums

List Museums By Name

Return to Previous Page

Winnipegosis Historical Society
324 2nd Street
Winnipegosis MB  R0L 2G0

Region: Parklands
Primary Phone: 204-656-4273
Secondary Phone: 204-656-4318
Email: Email Now
Website: www.winnipegosis.org

Admission: $5.00 children under 12 free

Regular Hours:
Open May-September Monday-Sunday 10-4 pm Sunday 12-4pm

Off Season Hours:
By appointment

About the Museum:

The Winnipegosis Historical Society operates two museums in Winnipegosis.

Medd House Museum is one of the last few grand wooden homes in Winnipegosis and was built in 1900 by George Bellamy. It was purchased by Dr. Medd in 1914 when he married Agnes McArthur. This four bedroom, two storey, wood framed home served as the residence for the Medd family and as the Doctor Medd's surgery and the first village hospital. The house is fully furnished and offers a glimpse in the life of the Medd family. The Medd House Museum is situated on 2nd Street.

Winnipegosis Museum is located in the 1897 CN Railway Station. The building was renovated in reopened for guided tours in 2015. The collections reflect the lifestyles of the early Aboriginal People and later settlers to the area. The exibits offer a glimpse into the daily lives and occupations of the people of Winnipegosis, Mossey River and surrounding areas. The museum is situated at the corner of Jubilee and 1st Street.

Museum Events:

Manitoba Day (May 12)

Canada Day (July 1)

Family Fun Weekend (July)

Annual Yard and Bake Sale (August)

Remembrance Day  (November)

Please contact us for further information

Photos
(click image to enlarge)