Chapter: Connections

Barnes hand/foot-powered table saw

"It takes a steady hand and a steady foot"
1880s Barnes hand/foot-powered table saw hand/foot-generated table saw

Story

This 1880s Barnes hand/foot-powered table saw was owned by S. H. Robinson (1862-1942), a carpenter who set up shop in Waskada in 1903.

Besides the construction of houses, barns, wagons, and carriages in the Waskada area, he was involved with the moving of the Methodist church across the street, joining it to the Presbyterian church building. This took place in 1927 after the United Church of Canada was constituted in 1925.