Kelly Store Post Office Wicket"Box stores aren't new, just larger"
1909 Kelly Store Post Office wicket (letter box labels with west Charleswood addresses) Post Office wicket
The Kelly Store was a post office, real estate office, town council meeting hall, and grocery store!
This postal wicket from the store has letter boxes still labelled with the addresses from west Charleswood (now part of Winnipeg). The store was central to the west end of our community when it was built at the end of the street car line in 1909. Four years later, in 1913, Charleswood became a municipality.