Pacific Junction Train Station Sign"From railway to walkway"
1948 Pacific Junction Train station sign Pacific Junction Train station
This large sign was outside the former railway station at Elmhurst and Wilkes on the Harte Line which is now the Harte Trail and part of the Transcanada Trail.
The train station has been demolished and the lumber was used for a post war immigrant's home in 1948. Pacific Junction school was named after this station and the architecture of the new school reflects the architecture of the original station.