Why Become a Member
Becoming an AMM member gives you access to a great set of useful information and generous discounts! Some of the benefits included in your membership are:
Cultural Stewardship Program
- Site visits
- Advisory services on preventive conservation
- Advisory services on emergency preparedness
- Loan of Environmental Monitoring Equipment and Pest Monitoring Kits
- Informs members and public about news and events in the heritage community
- Members get a free listing in the directory of museums
- Enhanced newsletter published three times a year
- Updates sent by e-mail at least once a month
- AMM Standards for Manitoba Museums (Now available free online)
- Other People’s Heritage
- IDEAS – Museum Success Stories
- Privacy Documentation for Museums and Archives
- Log Preparation for Building Repairs: A Practical Workshop
- Members of the Association pay a reduced fee for the Annual Conference, seminars, workshops and the Certificate Program in Museum Practice courses.
- AMM members can purchase AMM publications at a discounted rate.
- AMM members are entitled to a discount of 5% - 12% at Carr McLean.
- Members have free access to the AMM’s resource library.