Specialized Courses exist to meet an expressed need from our member museums. Sometimes we develop the course ourselves with the help of our instructors, or we bring the course in from another organization.
If your museum is interested in taking one of these courses please contact the AMM office. We will try our best to schedule the course if there is enough interest.
Click HERE to see current courses being offered.
Here are some other Specialized Courses we’ve held:
- Artifacts and Aboriginal Cultural Centres
- Care and Handling of Photographic Materials
- Care of Industrial Objects
- Effective Fund Development
- Exhibit Techniques - Text and Label Writing
- Finding Success Hiring Summer Students
- Governance & Leadership
- Heritage Facility Planning
- Mannequin Making
- Paper Chase
- Pest Eradication
- Photographing Your Collections
- Preservation Management for Seasonal Museums
- Project Management
If your museum feels it needs some instruction on a given topic or area of museum work, phone the AMM office at 1.204.947.1782, or email.
Other organizations who offer courses for not-for-profits
Northeast Document Conservation Center (webinars from the States)