Why Become a Member
Becoming an AMM member gives you access to a great set of useful information and generous discounts! Some of the benefits included in your membership are:
Musetoba, an affordable collections management system develeoped by the AMM is only available to members in good standing.
Cultural Stewardship Program
Members pay a small fee for:
- Site visits
- Advisory services on preventive conservation
- Advisory services on emergency preparedness
- Loan of Environmental Monitoring Equipment and Pest Monitoring Kits
All CSP fees are being waived for members until further notice to help reduce the impact of COVID on museums
- Informs members and public about news and events in the heritage community
- Members get a free listing in the directory of museums where they can update information, events and post pictures
- AMM Messenger, e-newsletter sent every 2 weeks
- AMM Standards for Manitoba Museums (Now available free online)
- Other People’s Heritage
- IDEAS – Museum Success Stories
- Privacy Documentation for Museums and Archives
- Log Preparation for Building Repairs: A Practical Workshop
- ABCs of Collections Care (electronic or printed in French)
- The Loss of Our Memories (DVD, limited availability)
- Members of the Association pay a reduced fee for the Annual Conference,workshops and courses.
- AMM members can purchase AMM publications at a discounted rate.
- AMM members are entitled to a discount at Carr McLean. Contact them for more information.
- Members have free access to the AMM’s resource library and the City of Winnipeg Museums Board library.