A basic site visit can help address a particular problem or evaluate factors that may be affecting the preservation of your collection.
An in-depth side visit can include:
- Checking light levels using the Elsec Light meter.
- Loan of the HOBO dataloggers to conduct environmental monitoring.
- Discussions about pests. Insect traps can be set up to deterime if there is a pest problem.
- Storage or display questions such as mounts, boxes, display cases etc.
- Basic cleaning for specific types of artifacts or collections.
- Emergency preparation questions.
- Other general collections care questions.
A written report is provided to the Museum to discuss any issues or concerns that were discussed during the visit, and to provide other helpful resources.
All CSP fees will be waived for Members until further notice to help reduce the impact of COVID-19 on museums.
Click HERE for a site visit application and/or equipment loans
Looking for conservation supplies?
Click HERE for our list of Suppliers of conservation materials like:
- conservation supplies
- storage furniture & shelving
- plastics & polymers
- environment (monitoring, controls, kits)
- handling, safety supplies
- exhibit & display
- information management (mircofilm readers, service, repair, etc.)
- AV (audio/visual)
- pest control
- buildings & construction
- chemicals, scientific
- disaster planning & recovery
- storage materials
- safety supplies
You can contact the CSP Conservator at conservator(at)museumsmanitoba(dot)com or by calling the AMM office at 204-947-1782.